Monday, May 28, 2007

Is the surge in Iraq working?

I am a San Francisco Giants fan. I go to games, listen on the radio and watch them on television. The only way I know who's winning the game is to see or hear the score... With that said, when I listed to the media report happenings in Iraq, ALL I hear is how a car bomb killed this many people or a suicide bomber killed this many people. Not a single word do I hear about how many bad guys our troops took out that day. I take that back, I occasionally hear about military successes, but not as often as I hear the BAD news.

So my question is, how will we know who is winning with this type of propaganda? The media is certainly against this war and, like Viet Nam, they are complicit in making it unpopular with the people of the United States... but not for the reasons you might think.

Most US Citizens love this country and what it stands for. Why else would they care what other countries think of us? What they do not expect is for us to lose a war against a bunch of idiots stuck in the middle ages. So where is the tally of bad guys killed?

You would think the feminists would be the first to cheer as the US troops liberate a country that has kept women as second class citizens, but mum's the word. What about the human rights activists? Do we hear anything from them now that Saddam's torture rooms are closed? Again, mum's the word. Where is the intellectual honesty from these people? I guess their hate for Bush trumps all.

Mick O.

No comments: