Monday, May 28, 2007

Carbon credits? What a SCAM!

Think about it. I want to lost weight so I have my neighbor go on a diet and I pay them for the pounds they lose and it counts toward my weight loss. Let's call it "Calorie Credits". Would anyone believe me if I used that logic instead of going on a diet and exercise program myself? The answer is NO!

So why all this excitement about carbon offsets? It's the same thing. Guys like Al Gore and John Edwards, who tout the destruction of the earth by man made global warming, are building these huge houses that use tons of energy, then buy carbon credits from people who are not using theirs. HOW DOES THIS LOWER EMISSIONS? It doesn't. And if you think it does, you are a fool.

Take the total amount of pollution in the world. Someone increases their energy output and buys the offsets from someone who is already NOT polluting. How in the world would any intelligent person believe this lowers carbon output? Maybe that explains it. People who believe this are dupes. So PT Barnum was right!

I'm not saying these people aren't caring human beings, what I am saying is that they want their lifestyle and let others sacrifice theirs to compensate... sounds a little like Communism, doesn't it? The elites live a great life while the common folks (whose sides they profess to be on) suffer for the good of the few. Didn't Russia collapse with this attitude????

The earth may or may not be warming up. But how much humans are contributing to that is still in question (no matter what Laurie David says). Weather is just weather and Mother Nature is much more powerful than we are. Try going out and stopping a tornado if you don't believe me!

Mick O.

No comments: